Translate

Wednesday 16 October 2019

BE KIND, FOR EVERYONE YOU MEET IS FIGHTING A BATTLE YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!


Bob started a new job, in a small office, where four workers share a fridge. In that fridge is a Brita water filter pitcher. One of my co-workers complained the water tasted "dirty". It went on for a few days, and others were stunned that Bob could drink the water without any trouble. Others started to doubt about Bob’s taste buds, but the water really tasted fine.

Finally, others figured out the problem was actually their cup. They simply forgot to clean it, and after a while started to affect the water inside it. They cleaned their cup, and drank the water with no problem.

I can't help but look at this, and think about the world we live in. Too often we quickly blame other people, other things, anything else but ourselves. "You're racist". "You're intolerant". "You're the problem". The world isn't perfect, I know, but I think we should take a step back sometimes and ask ourselves some tough questions.

Can I be better? Is my heart really pure? Can I help this situation with kindness?

I want to tell you this; please clean your cup. Because when you do, the water will taste much better. I promise you this.

No comments:

Post a Comment