· Your skeleton keeps renewing itself every ten years which means that every ten years you get a new skeleton.
· The acid in your stomach is strong enough to dissolve zinc. It doesn't destroy the stomach because the stomach walls constantly renews itself.
· The human brain cell can hold 5 times as much information as the Encyclopedia Britannica.
· It takes the food seven seconds to get from your mouth to your stomach.
· The enamel in your teeth is the hardest substance in your body.
· Your teeth start growing 6 months before you are born.
· During your lifetime, you will produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools.
· If your saliva cannot dissolve or mix with food, you will not be able to taste that food (try tasting something after drying off your tongue)
· The colder the room you sleep, the higher the chances are that you would get a nightmare.
· Humans are the only species that produce emotional tears
· Your thumb is the same length of your nose.
At this very moment I know well you are putting this last fact to the test...
...now remove your thumb from your nose and pass this on to the friends you think might be interested in comparing their thumbs to their noses as well. :)
Source: Reader's Digest Books of Facts